Thursday, June 16, 2011

AABJ Meeting!

L to R: Ernie Shuggs, Rashida Rawls, Rod Hicks, Me
As I do every month, I went to the general body meeting for my local NABJ chapter and in my opinion, this was one of the best meetings I've attended. I won't give a synopsis of the whole meeting but if you want one, you can check out the chapter's newsletter, the Byline. The story should be out in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, I was able to network, as usual, but at this meeting, I got to meet a couple of folks I've been eager to meet since I started blogging--- Rod Hicks, chairman of the NABJ convention committee, and Errin Hayes, candidate for VP of print. Both of them are the sweetest people and I can't wait to see them at the convention. If anyone else plans to visit Atlanta (or is based here) and would like to meet, let me know! I love meeting new people. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashleigh! I'm in Atlanta for an internship this summer. Let me know if you would like to meet up and grab lunch sometime! My e-mail is ugonna.okpalaoka@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete