Sunday, August 7, 2011

Thank You!


I've been fundraising for my trip to the convention since February and as August quickly approaches, I feel like I should take some time to thank the people that have supported my efforts. There were times that made me feel like I was in over my head and I wouldn't make it to the convention but there were people that urged me to keep at it and I think those people deserve some recognition.



Mommy: Thanks for sticking with me through this process, for being the first to buy my tee shirts and for not allowing me to give up on this project. I appreciate you for all of this and more. I love you.

Toya and Dee Dee: Thank you for helping me out even though you have your own families, homes and careers to worry about. I love my big sisters and I miss you both.

Rina: Thanks for your help and generous spirit. You didn't have to do half of what you did. Thanks for the support.

The Rest of the Family: Thanks for supporting my efforts and not telling me I was crazy for doing this. I love you guys.

Jarrodd: Thanks for being where you always are: by my side. You support almost everything I do, no matter how crazy and cockamamie it might sound. I love you baby.

NABJ/AABJ Family: There are so many people I could name but this post would be entirely too long! I have forged so many great connections since I started this process and I believe those connections will last me for a lifetime. I think I have found friends, mentors and potential collaborators in many of you. Special shouts to Rod Hicks and Benet Wilson for doing your best to help me get to the convention and for your advice on everything from this trip to my career. I would also like to extend shouts to Marissa Evans for her advice and support as well. I enjoy our phone calls and I love that you trust me enough to bounce your ideas off of me. I hope we get to work together one day. I'm always one call away! I would also like to shout out my travel buddy Areyonne Johnson. You are a sweetheart and I can't wait til August. We're gonna represent for GSU!

If I forgot your name, please don't feel slighted. I appreciate EVERYONE that has been supportive (I need another word, lol) of this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment