Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Philly: Day 1


Greetings from the City of Brotherly Love!

I made it to Philly yesterday and I hit the ground running.

I boarded my first flight at 11 AM after going through the zoo that is Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. The flight itself was relatively uneventful but the ride to the hotel made me appreciate my hometown. Prior to my arrival, I thought Atlanta had the worst roads ever but Philly has Atlanta beat in that area. Riding that shuttle made me feel like I was on a mini roller coaster.

I made it to the hotel in about 10 minutes and tried unsuccessfully to take a nap. After an hour or so, I started to doze off and that's when my roommate, Benet Wilson AKA YOUR Aunt Benet came to the room and had me get dressed and accompany her to a reception. Admittedly, I was a tad confused but I threw on some clothes. The event turned out to be a reception for the Philadelphia Media Network. I met and spoke with several notable NABJers including NABJ co-founder Paul Brock, current NABJ presidential candidates Deirdre Childress and Charles Robinson III and former NABJ president, Herb Lowe.

It was a great event and I'm glad Aunt Benet took me because networking is key and I can never have too
many connections.

Now, without further ado, pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment